From its inception, Thermafiber has been dedicated to improving life safety and fire protection by manufacturing mineral wool insulation for commercial applications. Today, Thermafiber mineral wool resists fire and temperatures in excess of 2,000˚ F while also providing sound control and energy conservation.
Our mineral wool contains a minimum of 70% recycled content, and it’s non-combustible, inorganic and mold-resistant. Thermafiber is the #1 specified brand of commercial mineral wool.
NFPA 285 • UL
Rainbarrier® Continuous Insulation
RainBarrier® Rain Screen & Cavity Wall Continuous Insulation
Thermafiber RainBarrier® products are designed for exceptional performance in rain screen and cavity wall construction applications. New RainBarrier HD & RainBarrier 45 provide energy saving continuous insulation (ci), fire protection, and acoustical control while efficiently draining water from a wall cavity system. RainBarrier products are non-combustible and compatible with common wall ties and air barrier systems.
RainBarrier® has several distinct advantages over other insulation products in these types of construction:
- Non-combustible and fire resistant. RainBarrier can withstand temperatures over 2000°F for over 5 hours. In the event of a fire, mineral wool will not burn or release toxic smoke and gasses.
- Sustainability. Available with a minimum 70% recycle content. No CFC or HCFC blowing agents. Energy saving R-value of 4.3 per inch of thickness.
- Permeable. In a vapor permeable system, RainBarrier® allows the building to breathe as it is designed without sacrificing R-value. In a non-permeable system, RainBarrier allows the vapor barrier to perform without creating additional traps for moisture in the wall cavity.
- UV resistant. RainBarrier is ideal for use in open joint systems where UV rays can degrade other insulations.
- Easy to fabricate and install. Semi rigid mineral wool can conform to jobsite irregularities much better than rigid insulations to ensure a continuous thermal barrier.
No Backer Bar™ Curtain Wall Insulation System
The patent pending No Backer Bar™ design incorporates years of research and testing to completely eliminate the backer bar used to compress the Safing insulation at the slab edge in a curtain wall fire containment assembly. This game-changing system is UL fire rated for both 2 and 3 hours. The design of this system also allows for thicker mineral wool insulation without increasing the mullion depth, which provides additional R-value and energy conservation. The No Backer Bar system incorporates several components of Thermafiber’s patented Impasse® system. One critical component of the No Backer Bar system is a new Thermafiber product called FireLedge™.